Thank God it is the start of third trimester of pregnancy. Now there is about the embankment of the nine months journey. The feelings of happiness with some anxiety are mixed al together. The mom is start to ready to welcome the new comer. The following changes are now to be felt during this period:
CHANGES FELT BY EXPECTED MOM:
1. Now the mom and the whole family are eager about delivery.
2. There is increased size of breast. It is estimated that increase of 2 pounds in size. With this there is secretion of yellow colostrums from the nipples.
3. There is increase in weight; it will be from 25 to 30 pounds from the start till now. but this increase in weight is also due to the baby weight and amniotic fluid, placenta, fat deposited , increased breast and uterus size , blood and fluid volume is also increase the weight of the body.
4. Small, irregular pain is felt like labor pain but these are untrue pains due to the contraction and expansion of uterus and baby movements. These are some how like the real pains but these are not real pains.
5. Backache is felt because the pregnancy hormones relax the pelvic bones and these changes are tough at your back area. So avoid the high heels but not the flat because some arch is needed to relief these pains.
6. Shortness of breath is felt because the uterus expands and exerts pressure to the diaphragm.
7. Heart burn is also felt again due to the exerting pressure of stomach.
8. This swelling of feet and legs has been observed due to the increased size of uterus and the pressure on the veins returning blood from legs and feet. This swelling also exerts pressure on the nerves of limbs and numbness and tingling is felt.
9. Fluid retention in blood vessels also causes the swelling of face with puffy eyes.
10. The varicose veins again the symptom of the 3rd trimester. This is again due to the increase fluid and blood pressure. If you have fair complexion this will be observed more clearly. The bluish and reddish veins are apparent.
11. As the baby grows and deep seated in the uterus, the pressure on the bladder is great and you feel frequent urination. The untreated urinary infections increase the risk of this problem.
12. Heavy discharge from the vagina. This may be the amniotic fluid. If it is too heavy then consult your doctor.