Thank God it is the start of third trimester of pregnancy. Now there is about the embankment of the nine months journey. The feelings of happiness with some anxiety are mixed al together. The mom is start to ready to welcome the new comer. The following changes are now to be felt during this period:
CHANGES FELT BY EXPECTED MOM:
1. Now the mom and the whole family are eager about delivery.
2. There is increased size of breast. It is estimated that increase of 2 pounds in size. With this there is secretion of yellow colostrums from the nipples.
3. There is increase in weight; it will be from 25 to 30 pounds from the start till now. but this increase in weight is also due to the baby weight and amniotic fluid, placenta, fat deposited , increased breast and uterus size , blood and fluid volume is also increase the weight of the body.
4. Small, irregular pain is felt like labor pain but these are untrue pains due to the contraction and expansion of uterus and baby movements. These are some how like the real pains but these are not real pains.
5. Backache is felt because the pregnancy hormones relax the pelvic bones and these changes are tough at your back area. So avoid the high heels but not the flat because some arch is needed to relief these pains.
6. Shortness of breath is felt because the uterus expands and exerts pressure to the diaphragm.
7. Heart burn is also felt again due to the exerting pressure of stomach.
8. This swelling of feet and legs has been observed due to the increased size of uterus and the pressure on the veins returning blood from legs and feet. This swelling also exerts pressure on the nerves of limbs and numbness and tingling is felt.
9. Fluid retention in blood vessels also causes the swelling of face with puffy eyes.
10. The varicose veins again the symptom of the 3rd trimester. This is again due to the increase fluid and blood pressure. If you have fair complexion this will be observed more clearly. The bluish and reddish veins are apparent.
11. As the baby grows and deep seated in the uterus, the pressure on the bladder is great and you feel frequent urination. The untreated urinary infections increase the risk of this problem.
12. Heavy discharge from the vagina. This may be the amniotic fluid. If it is too heavy then consult your doctor.
You are in state of excitement and in silent fear when your doctor tells that you are expecting now. You feel much more confident and with this you are fearful that how this period will be? Will all things remain normal throughout the nine months?
These are the common thoughts which come in mind when you are receiving the congratulations from friends and family members with all silent fears. All are now ready to care you especially your partner and your little desires are likely to be fulfilled, after all now a new life is arising within you.
However the whole period is divided in three trimesters. There are certain specific mental and physical conditions are experienced in each trimester. Now we take in to consideration the signs and symptoms of first trimester:
It is thought that all women are happy and glowing during the first pregnancy but with all this there are many fears and phobias if the pregnancy is unplanned. The women have to face many emotional stress and fluctuation of moods. The changes to be experienced in general are followings:
- Interaction between your mind and body occurs throughout the period. These may affect the physical illness.
- The emotions are greatly magnified or vary suddenly.
- The expected mother feels much overwhelming state of mind
- There will be the vivid dreams during night sleep but it does not mean that she see only fearful dreams, sometimes she see only colors.
- At the start of 3rd month there is calmness in attitude after accepting the pregnancy. She is no more irritable and irrational behavior.
- The expected women will suffer many classical changes as she suffers from missing periods.
- She has to suffer the problem of nausea and vomiting.
- The morning sickness is also a great problem during pregnancy.
- She gets to be fatigued even with little work.
- She feels increased urination during the night sleep.
- There are the appearances of skin changes as stretch marks and spots may be due to hormonal changes.
Pregnancy is the period of great happiness as well as fear and anxiety, either you have planned or without wish. Every day you feel different in your mind and body. Each day is counted by you and you relevant persons especially by your doctor, physician and your family. Each day you need to be more care by yourself and by your partner. The first trimester is the period of much uncertainty. You are mentally anxious and irritable. You accept the pregnancy or not but you are now expecting and have now to face the following changes in your body:
CHANGES IN MOM”S BODY:
- Now your period stopped and you have to undergo some hormonal fluctuations.
- You feel morning sickness any time of the day.
- You get to be fatigued due to the different unusual process are going inside your body and your body is one developing a new body within yourself.
- You fell nausea and vomiting due to increased level of estrogen and progesterone.
- There might be increased urination especially at night.
- There is craving and aversion to different foods and smells of food.
DEVELOPMENTAL CHANGES IN FERTILIZED EGG:
- As the egg fertilized and the embryo forms it starts to develop. At first there is increase in number of cell by mitotic division and the ball of cells is formed.
- At about the 4th week the babies develop the three layers tissue. These layers are now ready to form different organs.
- Neural tube is formed which will form different senses and spinal cord, brain, hair and skin.
- The preliminary circulatory system develops as the heart, and veins, arteries and capillaries. This is the life supporting system which holds the whole body throughout the life.
- At about the 9 week the arms, legs buds appear. The nipples, reproductive organs begin to develop.
- At 10th week the skeleton develops and the joints of the limbs to be appear.
- At the end of the first trimester the external genital develops, the fingers toes loose their webbing. The heart beat ranges to 150 to 175 beats per minute.
This is the period full of God’s miracles and manifestations.
Pregnancy is the periods when you are undergo certain changes which are unusual. These changes are felt just one or two weeks after conception, but not to be noticed by the persons around you. You just feel them within your self and your partner and your doctor know about these changes .
Weight gain during the pregnancy is the important sign of it that is running smooth or not, but how much to be gained? It will depend upon your general health, your body conditions whether you are slim or obese. The nutrients you take during pregnancy. Eat well and look well will be the first rule in our life. But the pregnancy does not mean that all you eat is well. Generally we think that now we have to eat for two. But this is not true; beside it we have to eat what is important for new one’s health.
It is important to get the right amount of weight .If you are getting little weight then there might be some health problem within you or your baby. As there might be diabetes, high blood pressure, varicose veins etc.
Usually the women need 300 extra calories per day during pregnancy. You can get this from some healthy snack, some fruits or the skimmed milk glass. But this is not the hard and fast rule. Your doctor will give the required calorie chart by observing your weight before the pregnancy.
The following should be kept in mind while the weight increase is observed during pregnancy:
IF YOU ARE A HEALTHY MOM:
You need the weight of 25 to 30 pounds at the end of nine months. If you gain 4 ½ at the end of first trimester then you need to gain 1 pound per week after ward.
IF YOU ARE UNDER WEIGHT:
If you are under weight then you require gaining approximately 28 to 40 pounds at the end of pregnancy. In the first trimester you got the 4 ½ pounds then in second and third trimester you need more then one pound each in each week.
IF YOU ARE OVER WEIGHT:
You need to gain only 15 to 25 pounds at the end of the pregnancy. So if in the first trimester you got 4 ½ pounds then afterward you need to carry ½ pounds each week in second and third trimester.